Bajra Porridge ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35330 times
Bajra and other millets are known, rightly, as wonder grains because they are a treasure trove of nutrients. Here, bajra being rich in iron is very important to build the haemoglobin stores of your child.
In a porridge form, enriched with ghee and sweetened with dates, bajra becomes very appealing to your child too.
Before making the Bajra Porridge, keep all the ingredients ready and then start, because it tends to get lumpy and thick if not stirred continuously.
- Combine the dates and 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl and keep aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- Blend it in a mixer till smooth without draining the water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the bajra flour, mix well and and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dates purée and ¾ cup of water, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve lukewarm.
- Use ¼ cup of jowar flour instead of bajra flour and proceed as per the recipe.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.