Crispy Cup Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 596 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54387 times
No, this dosa doesn’t look like a cup. It is called the crispy cup dosa, because one cup each of every ingredient is used—also making it easy to remember and repeat.
A thoughtful combination of fermented dal paste and besan enables you to make this dosa thin, crispy and really golden!
- Soak the urad dal and chana dal in enough lukewarm water in a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for at least 4 hours.
- Wash, drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. 1½ cups of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
- Once fermented, add the besan, ¼ cup of water and salt and mix very well till no lumps remain.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 19 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with malgapodi , coconut chutney and sambhar.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.