Crispies with Hummus
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29333 times
The convenient low calorie can be prepared ahead of Time and go surprisingly well with the chick pea dip called hummus.
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead into stiff dough by adding enough water.
- Divide the dough into 40 equal portions and roll out each portion into a puri of 37 mm (1½") diameter using a little flour.
- Prick the puris with a fork at regular intervals.
- Arrange them on a well-greased baking tray and bake in a hot oven at 180° C (360°F) for 15 minutes or until the puris are crisp and golden brown.
- Cool and store in an air-tight jar.
- Drain the kabuli chana, add ½ cup of water and salt and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles. Cool and strain. Keep the Kabuli chana and water aside separately.
- Mix the garlic, sesame seeds, lemon juice, curds, oil, salt and ¼ cup of the strained water, and run through a blender until smooth.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana and blend again till smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the strained water and continue blending.
- Place this mixture in a bowl and sprinkle parsley, chilli powder and oil over it.
- Serve with the baked crispy puris.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.