Cream Of Eggplant Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24162 times
Chock-full of antioxidants, eggplant is a great addition to your diet, but do you often wonder if there are exciting ways to prepare it? here is a cream of eggplant soup that your family will slurp up delightedly. With onions and tomatoes for flavour, and basil for a herbed touch, not to forget the irreplaceable dash of pepper, this soup is a sumptuous start to your meal.
- Pierce the brinjal using a fork and roast in an open flame or till it turns soft from inside and a little charred on the outside. Peel, chop and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the red chilli flakes, pepper and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the basil, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the brinjal, cheese spread, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, add the cheese and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée back into a deep pan, add the milk and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.