Cottage Cheese Balls in Tomato Sauce with Herbed Spaghetti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 242 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46000 times
Think of this dish as three tasty units placed together with the sheer motive of delighting the diner!
Flavourful and succulent cottage cheese balls; tangy tongue-tickling tomato sauce; and perfectly cooked, herbed spaghetti... each of these is as perfect as can be, whether in terms of flavour, texture or appearance, and when they come together the outcome is nothing short of magic.
The tomato sauce, which is the highlight of this recipe, is absolutely amazing with a fresh, tangy flavour and a really luscious mouth-feel enhanced by the addition of fresh cream.
Indeed, Cottage Cheese Balls in Tomato Sauce with Herbed Spaghetti can independently be served as a meal, as it is sure to please you and satiate you with its holistic composition and lingering flavour.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, chilli flakes, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the bread slices and curds in a bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients along with the bread-curd mixture in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few cottage cheese balls at time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mixed herbs, spaghetti and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the herbed spaghetti into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Reheat the tomato sauce, add the cottage cheese balls, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Divide it into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place portion of the herbed spaghetti on a serving plate along the circumference of a plate.
- Put the tomato sauce along with cottage cheese balls in the centre of the spaghetti.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 2 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1382.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||4.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||41.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||74.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.