Chocolate Modak, Ganpati Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2980 times
Ganpati loves kids and kids love Ganpati, so let’s combine their favourites and make an all-new mithai!
The Chocolate Modak is an all-new sweet delight in which a mouth-watering mix of chocolate, milk, cream, nuts and crushed biscuits is set in modak moulds to make soft, chocolaty modaks that anybody will love to bite into!
These soft modaks are of perfect sweetness and quite easy and quick to make too. They stay fresh in an airtight container for 5 or 6 days.
You can also try your hand at making other types of modak like Mawa Modak or Fried Modak .
- Combine the fresh cream, condensed milk and dark chocolate in a broad non-stick pan.
- Switch on the flame, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the biscuit and mixed nuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer it on a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, grease the modak mould once.
- Take a portion of the mixture, put it in the modak mould tightly.
- Remove the excess mixture from the bottom of the modak mould and demould the modak.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to make 30 more modaks.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per modak
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.