Chocolate Coconut Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 146 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44213 times
An irresistible cake with the dense aroma of brown sugar, the creamy texture of coconut, and the rich flavor of cocoa, the chocolate coconut cake is a perfect accompaniment to tea with a special person on a special day! You will also appreciate the fact that it is more or less a no-fuss recipe that can be prepared quite easily.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder. Keep aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well.
- Add the milk, desiccated coconut, chocolate and vanilla essence and ix well.
- Add the plain flour-baking powder mixture and fold in gently.
- Pour into a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased and dusted cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cake is golden brown in colour or a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Chocolate Coconut Cake Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.