Cheese Stuffed Vada Pav
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3115 times
Here’s the cheese lover’s version of the ever-popular vada pav. The cheesy surprise at the core of the spicy potato vada and the use of mayonnaise along with the chutney make this recipe quite different from the classic vada pav.
Make sure you assemble the Cheese Stuffed Vada Pav as soon as you deep fry the vadas, to enjoy the best flavour and cheesy mouth-feel.
The crunch of the hot vada and the spiciness of the chutneys make this an ideal snack for the rainy season.
Enjoy other recipes like the Baked Vada Pav or Pav Bhaji Sandwich
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the potatoes, salt and turmeric powder, mix well and cook for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a round.
- Flatten each round and place 2 tsp of cheese in the center.
- Bring all the sides together to seal it, and roll again to form a ball.
- Dip each vada in the prepared batter and deep-fry in hot oil till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Slit a pav horizontally, apply 1 tsp of mayonnaise and ½ tsp of sukha lehsun ka chutney on both the inner sides. Place a hot vada on the lower mayonnaise-chutney side and sprinkle with 1 tsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat step 1 to make 3 more cheese stuffed vada pavs.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per vada pav
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.