by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15108 times
The Cheese Soufflé is a savoury treat, which you will devour with delight! A combination of eggs, cheese and milk gives this soufflé a fabulously cheesy texture, while mustard paste and a dash of pepper give it an irresistible flavour.
Remember that each serving of the soufflé has to be baked in an individual container, as it has to be served in the same container – you can’t unmould it. Serve the Cheese Soufflé immediately after baking.
Serve with French Beans with Sesame-Seeds or Pasta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette and Melba Toast .
- Grease 10 medium oven safe bowls with melted butter, sprinkle bread crumbs evenly at the bottom and the sides. Remove the excess bread crumbs by inverting the bowls. Keep aside.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks in 2 separate bowls.
- Beat the white whites with help of an electric beater till stiff peaks form. Keep aside.
- Heat1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cheese, mustard paste, remaining 1 tbsp of butter, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the egg yolks and keep stirring it continuously till it is mixed well.
- Add the egg white mixture and fold it gently using a spatula to get a smooth mixture.
- Pour equal quantities of the batter into greased and dusted oven safe bowls.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the top has browned evenly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per souffle
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.