by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16219 times
Deliciously crisp and buttery Melba Toast, served hot with a tangy or cheesy dip, is perhaps the best thing you can have with tea! While this is actually easy to prepare, you need to take care of a few things to make sure you get it right the first time. Cut the edges of the bread slices soon after they are toasted with a sharp bread knife. If you let the bread get cold, it will be tough to chop off the edges. Likewise, when baking the cut slices with butter, keep checking the oven as these slices are thin and might get burnt fast.
- Toast the bread slices in the pop-up toaster till they turn light brown in colour.
- Remove from the pop-up toaster and trim the edges immediately using a sharp bread knife.
- When cut, cut the bread slices horizontally into two.
- Then, cut the bread slices diagonally.
- Place the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply little butter on the soft side of the bread slice.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150°c (300°f) for 6 to 8 minutes or till crisp.
- Serve immediately with any dip of your choice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per toast
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.