Chatpata Rings, Kids Short Break Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 188 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 142101 times
Are your kids very fond of packaged snacks like masala rings from different brands – and are you perpetually worried about what colours or food additives are used in these?
Not to worry, you can now easily make a similar snack right at home in your own kitchen! Chatpata Rings is a crispy ring-shaped jar snack flavoured appetizingly with chaat masala and other spice powders.
Kids (and adults too!) will love the peppy flavour and crisp texture of this snack. You can make a batch of this and store it in an airtight container for more than a week.
Enjoy it at home, or pack it in the tiffin box for your kid’s short break.
Try other jar snack recipes like Seedai or Verki Puri .
- Combine the maize flour, plain flour, cornflour, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into semi-soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut into 10 equal vertical strips using a sharp knife.
- Roll each strip into a ring and press to seal the edges.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few rings till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make more rings.
- Sprinkle the prepared masala evenly over them and toss well.
- Cool, serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||144.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||20.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.