Carrot Pancake Sizzler, Carrot Halwa Pancake Sizzler Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21361 times
The moment you think of Sizzlers the image that comes to mind is a savoury treat with scrumptious snacks, pasta, noodles or rice, loads of veggies, pungent sauces and perhaps cheese too. Here is something that is totally off the beaten track.
This Carrot Pancake Sizzler is the ultimate treat for the sweet tooth. A moderately hot sizzler plate is loaded with pancakes that are stuffed with carrot halwa and drowned in rabdi. The combination of textures, as well as the complementary flavours of carrot halwa and the milky rabdi, are a real treat to the palate. Surely, a special Occasion deserves a memorable dish like this!
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter on a greased non-stick tava (griddle) and rotate in a circular motion to get a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle.
- When the crêpe begins to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook on the other side till light golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Steam the carrots in a steamer over boiling water for 4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the water is almost absorbed, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk powder and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Sprinkle the almonds and cardamom powder on top and mix well mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan, on a medium flame till it comes to boil.
- Simmer and cook for approx. 7 to 8 minutes or till the milk reduces to ½ its quantity, while stirring and scrapping the sides of the pan continuously.
- Add the sugar and simmer for another 5 minutes or till the milk thickens. Keep aside.
- Divide the carrot halwa into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Put one portion of the halwa on each pancake and roll them up tightly.
- Lightly heat a sizzler plate till hot (but not red hot as for the other sizzlers).
- Arrange 2 stuffed pancake rolls on top.
- Pour half the rabdi over the pancakes.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 1 more sizzler plate.
- Serve immediately garnished with almond slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.