Cabbage Stuffed Capsicums
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 192 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38556 times
Cabbage Stuffed Capsicum is a unique recipe, which makes a great starter for parties. It is quite easy to make in the microwave oven but tastes very exotic.
Here, the capsicum is cooked with a crunchy and spicy stuffing of cabbage and green chillies bound together by besan. The stuffed and cooked capsicum is then tossed with a simple tempering, which gives a fresh burst of flavour and aroma to the dish.
Make sure you bite the whole deal at one go – that is, capsicum and cabbage together in every bite, as it gives a balanced taste and mouth-feel.
You can also try other quick and easy microwave recipes like Moong Dal Dhokla or Makai Na Dhokla .
- Cut the capsicums into 2 halves vertically. Remove the seeds carefully so as to retain the shape of the halves. Keep aside
- Combine the cabbage, besan, sugar, citric acid, ginger-green chilli paste, coriander, salt and 4 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add in the fruit salt, sprinkle 1 tsp of water over it and mix gently.
- Fill each capsicum half with the prepared besan batter.
- Place the capsicum halves in a greased microwave safe flat glass dish, cover with a lid and microwave on hgih for 3 minutes.
- Allow the capsicums to cool and cut each capsicum halve into 2 pieces vertically using a sharp knife. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the sesame seeds and the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the stuffed capsicum pieces, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.