by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Cabbage Rice in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Cabbage Rice in Gujarati)
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74603 times
Cabbage rice is just the thing to make when you get back home late and wish for a quick-fix but filling dinner! sliced capsicum and a very mild dose of pepper are the only flavouring agents in this gentle rice and cabbage preparation. A sprinkling of cheese ensures that the meal is satisfying too.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, pepper powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||241.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||44.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.