Bulgur Wheat and Matki Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36268 times
This sumptuous and simple dish is enlivened with the addition of vegetables and sprouts. Sprouting not only enhances the nutritive value of foods but also makes them easier to digest.
It is really easy to make sprouts at home - simply soak the matki in water for 6 to 8 hours and then wrap them in a damp muslin cloth for 2 to 3 days taking care to keep the muslin damp at all times.
You can also try other interesting diabetic friendly recipes like the Buckwheat, Moong and Vegetable Khichdi and the Hariyali Mixed Sprouts Pulao .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida, cloves and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, carrots and french beans and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the bulgur wheat, matki sprouts, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well.
- Add approx. 2½ cups of water, cover with a lid and cook over a medium flame till the bulgur wheat and matki are cooked.
- Serve hot.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.