Vegetable Cheesy Kodri ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30655 times
Risotto is best when freshly prepared and promptly eaten! Since rice is not advisable for diabetics, kodri is a better option. Full of fibre and iron, it tastes equally good. In fact, you could try replacing rice with kodri in your regular diet to keep a check on blood sugar levels.
That apart, this recipe is a must try as it is my favourite too! with spinach, carrots, peas, fresh herbs and mozzarella cheese, it is a healthy treat for all. To make this dish even creamier, I have added low fat milk mixed with corn flour.
You can also try making this risotto with just mushroom and mozzarella cheese, for a change. But remember, healthy as it may be, it is still meant to be only an occasional treat and not regular fare for diabetics!
- Clean, wash and soak the kodri for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the kodri and sauté on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the carrots, green peas and garlic, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 3 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and bring to boil. Cover and simmer till the kodri is almost cooked, adding a little water if required.
- When the kodri is cooked, add the spinach, basil, celery, parsley, mozzarella cheese, green chillies, cornflour-milk mixture, cream and white wine, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately.
- You can cook the risotto till step 4 and keep aside. Continue with step 5 only when ready to serve, else the greens, i. e. , spinach, basil and parsley will discolour.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 132 calories|
|Protein|| 5.5 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 18.0 gm|
|Fat|| 4.6 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 19.8 mg|
|Iron|| 1.4 mg|
|Folic acid|| 64.0 mcg|
|Zinc|| 0.4 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.4 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.