Baked Rasgulla, Bengali Sweet Dessert Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86530 times
Love rasgullas? Then, this Baked Rasgulla is just the right dessert for you. Made by baking rasgullas bathed in a creamy paneer mixture, this innovative dessert has a very nice mouth-feel and flavour, which will delight your taste buds.
The aroma and flavour of spices like saffron and cardamom are boosted by the baking process, and the aroma that wafts into your nostrils is sure to tempt you a lot! Indeed, this Baked Rasgulla is a must-try dessert .
You can also try Butterscotch Rasgulla or Hyderabadi Lauki Kheer with Mini Rasgullas .
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tsp of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the saffron and 2 tsp of warm water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Squeeze out all the extra sugar syrup from the rasgullas by pressing it between your palms.
- Cut each rasgulla into halves vertically. Keep aside.
- Combine the paneer, milk , cornflour-water mixture, saffron-water, powdered sugar and cardamom powder in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Arrange the rasgullas in an oven safe baking dish and pour the prepared paneer mixture evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 150º c (300º f) for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with mixed nuts.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.