Aloo Lajawab, Mughlai Aloo Lajawab Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 173 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73485 times
A richly-flavoured potato dish from the Mughlai repertoire, Aloo Lajawab is prepared in the typical opulent style of the Nawabs, with lots of dairy products and cashews too. Cashews are used not just in the paste but also halved and added along with the potatoes to add a lovely crunch to the dish.
While the milk, curds and cashew paste contribute a creamy mouth-feel and luscious texture to the Aloo Lajawab, the caraway seeds and spice powders give it an enchanting aroma and tongue-tickling flavour, which will surely make you lick your fingers clean, and yearn for one more helping of this delicious Main Course .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the potatoes in 2 batches, till they turn golden brown in colour form all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the caraway seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cashewnut halves, turmeric powder, garam masala, chilli powder and cashew paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lower the flame, add the curds, milk, ½ cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the deep-fried potatoes, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Aloo Lajawab Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||307.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.