by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 688 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 68935 times
The batter to make this nutritious and tasty Nachni Dosa is easier to make than regular dosas because we have used nachni flour. So, you just need to grind the urad. Allow the batter to ferment well, so you get really crisp dosas. Serve it hot with chutney and sambhar for a satiating breakfast. As a variation, you can even add grated carrots or finely chopped onions and green chillies to the batter before making the dosas.
- Combine the urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a deep bowl in enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain well and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. ¾ cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the nachni flour, salt and 1 ¼ cups of water, mix very well using a whisk. Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- Next day, mix very well again.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle). Sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp form both the sides.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 14 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.