Mughlai Rotis | Mughlai Naan Recipes | Parathas
Mughlai Rotis | Mughlai Naan Recipes | Parathas |
Like in most Indian cuisines, rotis hold a very important place in a Mughlai meal too. There is a large variety of rotis in this cuisine, ranging from the Khamiri Roti and Makhani Roti to the Moghlai Roti, not to forget delightful naans and puris like the Nawabi Naan, Sheermal and Stuffed Shahi Puri.
Stuffed Shahi Puri
1. Khamiri Roti is the Mughals closest answer to leavened bread. Khamir, which means yeast, is used to prepare this roti, thus making it thick and spongy. Khamiri roti taste great with nearly any subzi and can even eaten with just some butter.
2. No Mughlai meal is complete without the use of oodles of butter and cream. The Mughals known for their love of all things delicious have used butter not only to serve with rotis but also to knead into the dough while preparing them. This Makhani Roti prepared with butter and simply flavoured with freshly crushed black pepper is a real treat.
Makhani Roti ( Mughlai Khana)
3. Mughlai Roti : A traditional bread from the imperial Mughal times, this recipe features a plain flour roti aesthetically flavoured with aniseeds powder. Follow the kneading and leavening procedure exactly as mentioned to get the best texture.
1. This scrumptious Nawabi Naan is an amazing creation of traditional tandoori naan studded with nuts. This gives you a lovely texture and mildly sweet flavour as you chew on the naan.
2. Sheermal is a mildly-sweet, saffron-flavoured naan popular in the Indo-Pak sub-continent. While this Moghul delight is traditionally prepared in a tandoor, it can also be comfortably prepared in a Tava in the convenience of your own kitchen.
Try Our Other Mughlai Recipes…
34 Mughlai Chawal (Rice) Biryani Recipes
13 Mughlai Dals Recipes
11 Mughlai Drinks Recipes
75 Mughlai Mithai Recipes
35 Mughlai Shahi Shurvat Recipes
65 Mughlai Subzis Curries Recipes