pesarattu recipe | green moong dosa | Andhra style pesarattu dosa |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 411 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 124355 times
pesarattu recipe | green moong dosa | Andhra style pesarattu dosa | with 24 amazing images.
Pesaratttu is an easy, healthy and very popular dosa recipe delicacy of Andhra cuisine is prepared from green gram pulse. Learn how to make pesarattu recipe | green moong dosa | Andhra style pesarattu dosa |
When you are in Andhra Pradesh, you must try their famous whole green moong dosas, known as Pesarattu. On the other hand, you can try it right away in your own kitchen!
These delicious green moong dosa include a little bit of rice for crispness, as well as green chillies and ginger for an elegant flavour.
This Andhra style pesarattu dosa is filled with sautéed onions, but some people like to use raw onions and coriander, instead. Yet others like to serve this Special Pesarattu, stuffed with delicious rava upma!
Tips to make Pesarattu: 1. Soak the moong and rice for minimum 4 hours and maximum 6 hours. 2. Make sure you grease the tava every time you make dosa. 3. Pesarattu tastes good when served hot immediately.
Enjoy pesarattu recipe | green moong dosa | Andhra style pesarattu dosa | with detailed step by step images.
- To make pesarattu, in a big bowl, soak whole moong and rice in enough hot water for 4 hours.
- Drain well and transfer to the mixer.
- Add ginger, green chillies and salt and approx. 1¼ cups water, blend it to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the dosa batter in a big bowl.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with ¼ tsp oil , sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread it evenly in a circular motion to make 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Smear 1 tbsp oil around the edges and cook on a medium flame, till the pesarattu turns golden brown in colour.
- When the lower side of the pesarattu is lightly browned, turn it over and cook on a medium flame on the other side using a little oil till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 to make 7 more pesarattus.
- Serve the pesarattu immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Pesarattu recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pesarattu
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.