Added to 304 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43125 times
Dainty pouches filled with spicy vegetables and tied with a blade of lemon grass.
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Add the hot water gradually and make a soft dough.
- Knead for a while and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Apply oil on your palm and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Roll out thinly on a floured surface, using a rolling pin and cut into 25 to 30 squares of 75 mm. (3").
- Pound the garlic, coriander and peppercorn in mortar to form a paste.
- In a bowl, mix the paste with the mashed potatoes, carrots, peanuts, soya sauce, sugar and salt. Mix throughly.
- Place a spring roll sheet on a dry surface.
- Fold the gold bags as illustrasted in the diagram,refer handy tip.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Drain and tie with a blade of lemon grass.
- Serve hot with a dip of your choice.
- Spoon a little of the filling mixture in the centre of a wrapper square and gather all the 4 corners in the centre to form a pouch.
- Seal the centre of the fold with a little cornflour paste.
- Fluff out the gathers to make it look like a money bag.
- Roll the wrapper dough as thin as you can. The gold bags will look and taste better.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.