vegetarian seasoning cubes
Last Updated : Aug 14,2018
Viewed 44689 times
Vegetarian seasoning cube is an all-purpose seasoning condiment used to flavour vegetables, soups and stews. It is widely used in African and Asian dishes, and is an essential ingredient in most African kitchens.
It is usually made with iodised salt, garlic powder, sugar, onion powder, edible starch, black pepper, turmeric powder and vegetable oil along with some flavouring agents.
How to Select
• It is readily available in the market under under various brand names.
• In India, Maggi seasoning cubes are the most popular.
• Remember to check the seal of the package as well as the manufacturing and expiry dates before purchase.
• It imparts a great flavour to soups and stews, sauces and marinades too.
• For a quick dip to complement fruit and vegetable sticks, blend sour cream or yogurt with vegetarian seasoning cubes and thyme.
• It is a great way of adding a stimulating flavour to your salads.
How to Store
• Vegetarian seasoning cubes can quickly lose their pungency, and should therefore be stored in airtight containers away from moisture and sunlight.
• It should ideally be used within two months.
• As most vegetarian seasoning cube formulae contain mono sodium glutamate (MSG), many people are allergic to these cubes. If allergic, it could result in headache, nausea, a burning sensation in the throat or back of the neck, chest pain, rashes, or even breathing difficulties.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.