Canned green asparagus spears
Last Updated : Apr 12,2018
Viewed 9451 times
Asparagus is available in thick and thin varieties. The thicker variety is best used for soups etc where it is blanched and then pureed. The thin varieties are usually more tender and used for stir-fry preparations or used in salads etc. It is also available canned (best for soups or purees) and frozen (comparable to fresh).
· Canned asparagus should be heated only to serving temperature and served soon after heating.
· Add flavor to canned asparagus by seasoning with herbs and spices including red pepper flakes, thyme, basil, garlic powder, or lemon juice.
· Asparagus will continue to cook a bit, even after removed from boiling water. Asparagus readily adapts to other quick cooking methods, such as stir-fry and sauté.
How to Store
Store unopened cans in a cool, dry place off the floor. Avoid freezing or exposure to direct sunlight. Sudden changes in temperature shorten shelf life and speed deterioration.
Store opened asparagus in a tightly covered nonmetallic container and refrigerate. Use within 2 to 4 days.
· It is an excellent food for strengthening the heart. It is a food medicine for weak or enlarged hearts by combining the fresh juice with honey. Taken twice a day will be advantageous.
· Liberal use of asparagus acts as a rejuvenator. It is a very good body cleanser.
· It also prevents or combats body acidity.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.