Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake in A Microwave
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 115 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 273247 times
An easy and quick vanilla-flavoured sponge cake, ready in a jiffy, without the hassles of pre-heating and long baking times. Mix the ingredients as explained and pop them into the microwave, and you have a warm, aromatic Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake ready on the table within minutes. Enjoy the sponge cake as it is, or with ice-cream and chocolate sauce.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6") diameter shallow microwave safe dish using soft butter. Line it with a piece of greaseproof paper at the bottom of the dish and again grease it using a little soft butter.
- Sieve the plain flour and baking powder and keep aside.
- Combine the curds and baking soda in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar and ¼ cup of hot water in another bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the curds-baking soda mixture, plain flour-baking powder mixture and vanilla essence and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased microwave safe glass dish and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and keep aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Loosen the edges with help of a butter knife and unmould. Remove the butter paper and discard it.
- Use as required.
Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake in a Microwave Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.