How many calories does one serving of Moong Dal Khichdi have?
One serving of Moong Dal Khichdi gives 342 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 216 calories, proteins account for 48 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 78 calories. One serving of Moong Dal Khichdi provides about 17 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Moong Dal Khichdi recipe. Moong dal khichdi is very popular as a comfort food. It is sure to soothe you and make you feel better when you are off colour, especially if you are down with a fever or stomach ache!
Is Moong Dal Khichdi healthy?
This is not very healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Yellow Moong Dal : The fibre (4.1 g in ¼ cup) present in yellow moong dal prevents the deposition of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the arteries which promotes a healthy heart in turn. Packed with nutrients like zinc (1.4 mg), protein (12.2 mg) and iron (1.95 mg), yellow moong dal helps to maintain the elasticity of your skin and help to keep it moist. Fiber, potassium and magnesium from yellow moong dal will work together to regulate blood pressure and soothe the nerves and is diabetic friendly. See here for details of 7 amazing benefits of yellow moong dal.
What's the problem?
Rice : Here are the pros for rice. Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates, which is an important source of energy for our body. Rice is low in fibre and therefore a good option for people suffering from diarrhoea. What's not good in rice. Foods like rice are high in Glycemic index are not suitable for weight loss, heart patients, diabetics as they affect the blood sugar control levels. See details of is white rice and parboiled rice good for you?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Moong Dal Khichdi ?
No, the reason is rice. Foods like rice are high in Glycemic index are not suitable for weight loss, heart patients, diabetics as they affect the blood sugar control levels.
Can healthy individuals have Moong Dal Khichdi ?
Yes, but limited quantity. Better to have fada ni khichdi recipe with some low fat curds or or a low fat cucumber raita.
Fada ni Khichdi
Moong Dal Khichdi is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 342 calories that come from Moong Dal Khichdi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 43mins
Running (11 kmph) = 34 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 46 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 59 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.