How many calories does one serving of Carrot and Coriander Soup have?
One serving of Carrot and Coriander Soup gives 28 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 25 calories, proteins account for 2 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 1 calories. One serving of Carrot and Coriander Soup provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See recipe Carrot and Coriander Soup | carrot and coriander soup recipe | carrot and coriander soup Indian style | healthy carrot coriander soup | how to make low calorie carrot and coriander soup | with 20 amazing images.
carrot and coriander soup recipe | carrot and coriander soup Indian style | healthy carrot coriander soup | how to make low calorie carrot and coriander soup is a nourishing bowl which can be enjoyed by the entire family. Learn how to make low calorie carrot and coriander soup.
To make carrot and coriander soup, combine the carrot and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Transfer the carrot along with the water into a deep bowl, add the coriander and blend using a hand blender to a coarse mixture. Transfer the carrot-coriander mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add ½ cup of water, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Sweet carrot and peppy coriander come together to make a sensational soup that is sure to sweep you off your feet! This low calorie carrot and coriander soup has a perfect balance of taste, texture and aroma along with the wealth of nutrients.
This healthy carrot coriander soup totals a mere 28 calories, and is a wise choice for weight-watchers. On the other hand, this easy-to-make soup is loaded with vitamin A. Carrot and coriander fulfil up to half your daily vitamin A requirement.
The carrot and coriander soup Indian style is not strained and thus it retains most of its fibre. With 2.6 g of fibre per serving, this soup is a wise choice for heart patients. Indeed, it is a tasty and smart way for diabetics to start their meal, followed by delectable Healthy Bean Quesadilla.
Tips for carrot and coriander soup. 1. In winter season, buy the red variety of carrots available as they are more sweet and make the soup more pleasing. 2. Ensure to clean the coriander well to get rid of the dirt. 3. You can carry this soup to work. However, before serving add 1 to 2 tbsp of water to adjust the consistency and bring to boil.
Is Carrot and Coriander Soup healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
2. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Carrot and Coriander Soup?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol.
Can healthy individuals have Carrot and Coriander Soup?
Yes, this is healthy.
One serving of Carrot and Coriander Soup is high in
1. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
2. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 28 calories that come from one serving of Carrot and Coriander Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 8 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 4 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.