How many calories does one glass of Mango Milkshake have?
One glass of Mango Milkshake gives 252 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 159 calories, proteins account for 24 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 68 calories. One glass of Mango Milkshake provides about 13 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Mango Milkshake calorie. Mango milkshake recipe | Indian mango shake | fresh mango milkshake in 5 minutes |
Mango milkshake without ice cream is an all-time favourite drink relished by one and all. Learn how to make fresh mango milkshake in 5 minutes.
To make mango milkshake, combine mangoes, milk, sugar and ice cubes in a blender and blend till it is smooth and frothy. Serve Indian mango shake immediately.
One can never have too many mangoes! When in season, we are always looking for ways in which mangoes can be consumed – plain or in the form of other delights. The mango shake is one such popular recipe that people love to have in the summer!
The perfect blend of flavours of mango milkshake without ice cream, smooth texture and chillness make it a delightful treat for all.
Moreover, it is also very easy to make, so you can whip it up any time when guests come home unnoticed. Surprise them with this fresh mango milkshake in 5 minutes.
Tips for mango milkshake.
1. Prefer alphonso mango for this recipe. They give the best colour and flavour.
2. Adjust the quantity of sugar depending on the sweetness of mangoes.
3. When mangoes are not in season, you can make this mango milkshake using tinned cubes or pulp. Alter the sugar as per taste.
Is Mango Milkshake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients of Mango Milkshake.
What's good in Mango Milkshake.
Mango (Aam) : The most important role Mango has is to build our immune system by building our white blood cells (WBC) and in turn help to keep diseases like common cold and cough at bay. Another key nutrient that mango is brimming with is magnesium. This mineral along with potassium helps to in maintaining normal heart rate, relaxes the blood vessels and keeps blood pressure also under check. research shows that moderate consumption of mangoes could assist in weight loss. This is because mangoes are rich in fiber. When mango is in season, a diabetic can occasionally satisfy his/her cravings of this delicious fruit within the suggested serving size i.e. ½ mango or 2 to 3 slices. Remember to include these calories and carbs as a part of your daily meal plan. See detailed benefits of mango.
Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's problem in Mango Milkshake.
Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mango Milkshake?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours.
Healthy Indian Drinks you can have.
Healthy Indian drinks to choose from tulsi tea recipe, masala chaas, low fat chaas recipe and neem juice.
Masala Chaas Recipe, Spicy Buttermilk Recipe
Can healthy individuals have Mango Milkshake?
No. Eat clean to feel healthy.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Mango Milkshake is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. It helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 252 calories that come from Mango Milkshake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hour 16 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 25 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 34 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 43 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.