Butter Milk Rasam, Curd Rasam, Mor Rasam
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
बटर मिल्क रसम
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Butter Milk Rasam, Curd Rasam, Mor Rasam in Hindi)
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47182 times
Buttermilk rasam is a ‘light’, moderately spicy rasam that can be safely consumed even by those with cold or fever for whom raw buttermilk is usually not allowed. It tastes best when drunk as it is, while it can also be served with rice and a spicy curry .
- Heat the ghee in a small pan, add all the ingredients and sauté on a slow flame while stirring continuously till the flavour releases (approx. 4 to 5 minutes).
- Allow it cool slightly and then blend in a mixer to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the toovar dal, tomatoes, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Whisk it lightly.
- Add 1½ tbsp of the prepared masala, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, red chillies and curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the dal mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Remove from the flame and add the buttermilk and salt (if required) and mix well. Serve immediately.
- You require little quantity of the masala, however to grind such a less quantity is not feasible hence prepare it in bulk and store in an air-tight container to use later.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1243.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||25.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||42.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.