Whole Wheat Chapattis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16561 times
High fibre, nuttri-loaded chapattis.... a perfect substitute to those made with maida.
- Combine the flour and salt and knead into a soft and pliable dough.
- Add the oil and knead again till it is smooth and elastic. Cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Roll out each one using a little flour into approx. 150 mm. (6") diameter circles. Dust dry flour as required to facilitate even rolling.
- Dust off any excess dry flour and place the chapatti on a hot tava.
- Turn over in a few seconds and cook this side till the edges begin to curl slightly and small blisters appear on the surface. Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Repeat to make 5 more half cooked chapattis. Keep aside and use as required.
- If you want to cook these chapattis, just roast them for a little longer on both sides and serve hot with vegetable of your choice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.