Tortellini, How To Make Homemade Tortellini, Basic Tortellini Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1450 times
Tortellini is an amazing ring-shaped pasta that is sure to attract everyone with its interesting appearance. Since the shape is not very complex, it is also ideal to make at home.
This is a typical, basic Tortellini recipe, where the pasta is boiled with a stuffing of cheese, herbs and seasonings. You can feel free to vary the filling – try your luck with other ingredients like spinach, cheese or corn.
Once done, combine the pasta with any sauce of your choice to make a truly delicious treat!
Have a go at other recipes like the Herb Tortellini with Garlic Butter or Tortellini with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead it into semi-soft dough, using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into 250 mm. ( 10”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut into circles using a 50 mm. (2”) cookie cutter or a vaati to get 5 roundels.
- Keep doing till all the dough is over, to get 20 roundels in all.
- Place one roundel on a clean, dry surface and put ½ tsp of cheese mixture in the center.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle and press the edges lightly with your fingers to seal it.
- Bring both the corners of the semi-circle one over the other and again pinch it with your fingers to seal it together.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 to make the remaining 19 tortellini.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, with salt and oil.
- Add the prepared tortellini, few at a time and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain and use as required.
Nutrient values per tortellini
|Vitamin A||20.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.