Tomato and Baked Beans Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 133 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65177 times
A spicy soup perfect for a winter’s day, yet not to spicy that it makes your eyes water!
The The Tomato and Baked Beans Soup represents a delicate balance of tang and spice mellowed down with white sauce so every mouthful can be relished thoroughly.
You can also try other Mexican soups like Mexican Nacho Soup , Sopa De Milho Verde and Tortilla Soup .
- Combine the tomatoes, 4 cups of water and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth and then strain it. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato mixture and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, baked beans, white sauce, sugar, chilli sauce and salt , mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
Tomato and Baked Beans Soup by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||4612.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin B3||4.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||469.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||378.9 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.