Tom Yum Soup with Mushrooms and Baby Corn
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14193 times
One of Thailand’s most famous soups, the Tom Yum Soup is famous for its unique spicy, sweet and sour flavour. An assortment of veggies adds more volume and crunch to the soup, which derives its fantastic flavour from a combination of ingredients like spring onions, ginger, pepper and herbs.
Although it is a wonderful addition to the menu on any day, the Tom Yum Soup with Mushrooms and Baby Corn is sure to be all the more enjoyable on a cold and rainy day because of the abundance of ingredients like lemongrass, ginger and pepper, which soothe and rejuvenate your body.
Serve along with Thai Starters and Noodles .
- Combine seasoning cube, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, coriander and 5 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain it using a strainer and discard the vegetables. Keep the vegetable stock aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the spring onions, mushroom, baby corn, carrot and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pepper, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||239.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.