Stuffed Paneer and Carrot Rice Roti Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 136 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26376 times
The Stuffed Paneer and Carrot Rice Roti Rolls is a wholesome package of flavours, texture and nutrition. A perfect balance of rice flour and cooked rice in the roti dough results in a roti that is soft yet crisp. Likewise, the combination of a savoury paneer-carrot mixture with mango chunda in the stuffing brings about a good blend of flavours. All in all, the aroma and inviting looks of this roti is enough to grab a plate!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the paneer, carrots, turmeric powder, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool completely and divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Blend the rice to a smooth purée in a blender, using water if required.
- Combine the rice purée, rice flour, salt and enough water to make a dough. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion into a thin roti of 150 mm. (6") diameter, using rice flour for rolling.
- Cook the rotis using a little oil till both the sides are light brown in colour.
- Put one portion of the paneer and carrot filling and a teaspoon of quick mango chunda in the centre of a rice roti.
- Roll up the roti lightly. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 7 more rolls.
- Serve imemdiately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.