Stuffed Bulgur and Brinjal Bake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17407 times
Stuffed Bulgur and Brinjal Bake is a really off-beat and totally exotic dish that is sure to be enjoyed by everybody! Bulgur wheat is cooked with delicious veggies, tangy tomato sauce, aromatic herbs and spices, and stuffed into large brinjals.
This mouth-watering arrangement is then baked with a topping of grated cheese, to make a totally outta-this-world dish, which will excite your taste buds and ensure that you remember it for a long time!
Served with Cheese and Herb Potato Fries and a bowl of hot soup makes for a satisfying meal.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Boil 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the bulgur wheat and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot, capsicum, mushroom, tomatoes, chilli powder and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked bulgur wheat, oregano, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared tomato sauce and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each brinjal into 2 halves vertically.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the brinjal halves and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while turning them occasionally.
- Drain and keep aside to cool completely.
- Scoop the centre of each brinjal halve with the help of a spoon and discard it.
- Stuff each halve of brinjal with a portion of the prepared stuffing and sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Place them in baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||515.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||34.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||32.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.