Stuffed Bhavnagri Chillies, Bharela Moong Dal Marcha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 141 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55334 times
This Stuffed Bhavnagari Mirchi recipe is quite unique, compared to the usual way of preparing these chillies stuffed with or marinated in spices. On the other hand, Bharela Moong Dal Marcha features Bhavnagari chillies stuffed with a succulent and peppy mixture of moong dal and onions tempered traditionally and sautéed with spices and pastes.
The fabulous stuffing gives a unique texture and memorable flavour to the chillies. For complete success, ensure that the cooked moong dal is separate, and not overcooked and mushy, because this will ruin the texture as well as the flavour of this exotic dish.
Delectable Stuffed Bhavnagri Chillies can double up as elegant starters and also make a great side vegetable when served with dal and Rice .
- Wash and soak the yellow moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 1 hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the yellow moong dal and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, ginger-green chilli paste and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked moong dal, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions.
- Fill each chilli with a portion of the stuffing.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chillies and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till they turn brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per stuffed chilli
|Vitamin A||28.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.