Strawberry Jelly Pie Without Gelatin
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13516 times
Made with homemade pie crust, this Strawberry Jelly Pie without Gelatin is like something bought from a gourmet sweet shop! Nice and buttery, this pie crust has a melt-in-the-mouth texture and awesome flavour.
Topped with the strawberry jelly and fresh fruit, it is sure to steal everybody’s heart. The main task in this recipe is the preparation of the pie crust. After that, it’s a whizz because the jelly is easy to make and it takes just a few minutes to chop fresh strawberries!
Serve this dessert chilled for an outta-this-world experience. You can comfortably serve this when you are entertaining guests, because kids will love it as much as adults, and one dessert will please all!
Also try other pies Lemon Pie on Chocolate Crust and Mango Cheese Pie .
- Sieve the flour. Add the butter and salt and rub in with your fingertips.
- Add about 1½ tbsp of ice-cold water to make a dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Arrange the rolled out dough in a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter pie dish.
- Press the dough into pie dish and prick with a fork evenly all over.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Boil ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the strawberry jelly crystals into it, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
- Cool slightly, while stirring continuously. Add the strawberries and mix well.
- Immediately pour the above mixture on the pie crust and refrigerate for 1 hour or till firm.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.