Mango Cheese Pie ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 222 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46007 times
I’d say this is a perfect dessert for a hot summer day—crunchy and cool, and made with the king of fruits in its peak season! The mango cheese pie features a luscious filling of cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar, mangoes and whipped cream on a crunchy biscuit base that combines butter and walnuts.
The liberal use of whipped cream balances the strong flavour of mangoes very well, making it very pleasing to the palate.
With mangoes in season make most the most of it and whip up delectable desserts for your family and friends, like Mango Kulfi , Mango Truffle Cake , Mango Tarts , Mango Ginger Mousse , Mango Souffle and Mango Ice Cream .
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or rolling board and crush the biscuits to a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Combine the crushed biscuit, walnuts and butter in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the paneer and sugar in a mixer and blend till smooth, without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the cream cheese and mix well using a whisk to get a smooth mixture.
- Add the vanilla essence and the mango and mix gently.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently to get the cheesecake mixture.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the set biscuit base and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours or till firm.
- De-mould the pie carefully and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- Just before serving, pour the mango pulp on each wedge and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Garnish each wedge with a swirl of beaten whipped cream and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cheesecake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.