by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10947 times
An elegant and tempting dessert for kids who are fussy about milk. A word of caution here...... Don't make a habit of serving ice-creams as a daily treat.
- Mix the cornflour in 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan. When it comes to a boil, add the dissolved cornflour and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and strain the mixture. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream with remaining powdered sugar till soft peaks form.
- Mix the cooled milk mixture with the cream and strawberry purée.
- Pour into a shallow dish and freeze till slushy.
- Remove from the freezer and blend in a blender till the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Freeze again until firm. Scoop and serve.
- VARIATION : STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE-CREAM
- Add 1 mashed banana to the above recipe along with the strawberries at step 6 and proceed as above.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.