Steamed Christmas Pudding, Dry Fruit Steamed Pudding
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 95 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15394 times
The Steamed Christmas Pudding is one seasonal special, which you will want to keep preparing all round the year! Indeed, this buttery pudding made of bread crumbs, eggs and plain flour has a succulence and flavour, which make it quite addictive.
The steamed pudding gets its extraordinary flavour, which is sweet, tangy and spicy, from a combination of ingredients like lemon rind, orange peel, ginger powder and cinnamon powder.
Eggs are essential to get the authentic texture, while a medley of nuts give you a crunchy surprise in every bite! Enjoy the Steamed Christmas Pudding warm, with a scoop of ice-cream.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks in two separate bowls. Keep the egg yolks aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a deep bowl using an electric beater on a slow speed, till it is thick and fluffy. Keep aside.
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the egg-yolks gradually and mix very well using a spatula.
- Add the dates, raisins, cashewnuts, candies peel, vanilla essence and lemon rind and mix well.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder, dried ginger powder and cinnamon powder and mix well using a spatula. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and 2 tsp of water in a small broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool slightly and add the sugar-water mixture to the plain flour mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin and steam it in a steamer for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, scoop it using a spoon and serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||478.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.