Spinach and Carrot Pulao with Coconut Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32228 times
Chock-full of nutrients and bubbling with flavour, the Spinach and Carrot Rice with Coconut Curry is a tasteful preparation of spinach and carrot rice perked up with a spicy paste, layered with coconut curry, and baked in an oven so the flavours mingle and cause your taste buds to tingle!
Add your private note
Spinach and Carrot Pulao with Coconut Curry recipe - How to make Spinach and Carrot Pulao with Coconut Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the spinach, carrots, rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the paste and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- To make Spinach and Carrot Pulao with Coconut Curry, grease a baking bowl with a little ghee, pour 1 portion of the rice into it and spread it evenly.
- Pour the coconut curry over it and spread it evenly and finally top it with the 2nd portion of the rice over it and spread it evenly.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c(400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve spinach and carrot pulao with coconut curry immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1007.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
|Folic Acid||30.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.