Soya Mutter in Coconut Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21051 times
There is a marathi word called 'zhanzanit' that describes this dish perfectly… the method of cooking and the thoughtful combination of spices give this particular recipe a fantastic texture and taste. I warn you it is tough to stop eating this subzi once you start. Serve with phulkas or soya puris and you will realize this is what they mean by bliss!
- Heat ½ tablespoon of soya oil in a kadhai, add the coconut and onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Remove and keep aside to cool.
- When cool, add ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2½ tablespoon of soya oil in the same kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the green peas, soya chunks, tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and simmer till the peas are cooked.
- Add the prepared coconut-onion paste, mix well and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.