Soba Noodles Salad, Veg Soba Noodles Cold Salad
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2583 times
Soba noodles is a kind of Japanese noodles made from buckwheat flour, like spaghetti. We have used this delightful ingredient along with yummy sprouts and crunchy veggies to make a super tasty salad.
The Soba Noodles Salad is kind of saucy, with a base of coconut milk. Strong shades of garlic, ginger and bird’s eye chilli strengthen the Oriental feel of this salad, while a touch of lemon helps to enhance all the other flavours.
You are sure to enjoy the crunch of veggies and the splendid flavours of this salad, which can be served hot or cold.
You can also try other noodle preparations like Soba Noodles or Hakka Mushrooms with Rice Noodles .
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and ginger and saute on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Transfer the mixture in a deep bowl, add the coconut milk, lemon juice, bird’s eye chilli and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add a few rice noodles at a time and deep-fry on a medium flame, till it doubles in quantity. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Put the soba noodles in a deep bowl, add the bean sprouts, spring onion whites and greens, carrots, capsicum and the prepared coconut sauce evenly over it and mix well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with prepared fried rice noodles.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||424.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.