Smiley Face Sandwiches
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 263 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25236 times
Dainty and dazzling with a beaming smile, these sandwiches are also a treat to the palate with a perfect blend of flavours.
Buttered bread roundels are sandwiched with a peppy mix of paneer and green chutney, and decorated with olives and ketchup to resemble a smiley.
The Smiley Face Sandwiches are so awesome that will enjoy eating it, and making it too!
You can keep all the components ready, and encourage your kids to assemble the sandwiches themselves. They will thoroughly enjoy putting the smile on the sandwich faces!
While at it, there are more recipes that you can make with your kids like Sweet Corn Soup or Cinderella.
- Cut the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2 1/2") diameter rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Place 2 bread roundels on a clean dry surface and apply ½ tsp of butter on each roundel.
- Divide the paneer mixture into 4 portions. Place a portion of the prepared paneer mixture on one buttered bread roundel and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Cover the sandwich with the other buttered side bread roundel facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Place 2 sliced olive on the sandwich to resemble eyes and squeeze ½ tsp of tomato ketchup on it to resemble a smile.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 other sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwiche
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.