Shepu Sweet Idlis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 134 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29392 times
All time favourite with a sprinkling of iron strength! Dill, besides making this recipe colourful and interesting also loads it up with iron.
- Grind the soaked rice with the grated coconut to a thick smooth paste, adding a little water.
- Wash the rice flakes, drain and add the buttermilk. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Grind the rice flakes in buttermilk to a smooth paste, add the jaggery and grind further till smooth. Add this to the rice batter.
- Add the chopped dill leaves and salt and mix well.
- Check the consistency and now add a little water only if required so as to get a thick batter.
- Add the fruit salt to the batter and sprinkle a little water over it.
- When the fruit salt starts bubbling, mix gently.
- Spoon out the batter into greased idli moulds and steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.