by Tarla Dalal
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13221 times
This dal is certain to please the king! Kabuli channa is over-cooked and blended into a coarse puree. The puree is cooked in hot oil with onions and spices before thick, creamy coconut milk is added to the dal. Don’t forget the garnish before serving!
- Pressure cook the Kabuli chana with salt 4 cups of water till they are overdone.
- Blend the mixture to a smooth paste in a mixer. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the chopped onions.
- Sauté till they are translucent and add the cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon and sauté for another minute.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and green chillies and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the puréed dal and salt and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Add the coconut milk and cream and simmer till thick.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped coriander.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||296.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.1 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.