Sabudana Thalipeeth, Upvas Vrat Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5374 times
Thalipeeth, a sumptuous, traditional Maharashtrian snack, is made in a faraal-friendly way in this recipe. We have used a dough of sabudana and mashed potatoes perked up with peanuts, green chillies and other flavour-givers.
When flattened and cooked on a tava, you get a crunchy, tasty and filling Sabudana Thalipeeth. Sure to keep you energised on a fasting day, this Sabudana Thalipeeth is also very tasty despite being sattvik in every way.
You can also try other faraal recipes like the Rajgira Paneer Paratha or Potato Khichdi .
- Soak the sabudana in enough water in a deep bowl overnight and drain well.
- Transfer the soaked sabudana and all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Grease a plastic sheet with ¼ tsp of oil, place it on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the dough on it and flatten it. Pat it with your fingers to form a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Make a hole in the centre using your index finger.
- Remove the plastic sheet and place the circle on a hot greased non-stick tava (griddle) and cook using ½ tsp of oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 9 more thalipeeths.
- Serve immediately with sweet curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thalipeeth
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.