Risotto Balls with Pizza Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23990 times
Risotto is a traditional continental preparation of rice and cheese. It is a soft dish, somewhat similar to our comforting khichdi. In this more exotic form, a mixture of rice, cheese, herbs and capsicum is rounded into balls, dipped in a flour batter and deep-fried into delicious Risotto Balls, which are crisp outside and delightfully gooey inside. Served with tangy and flavourful pizza sauce, this is a perfect starter for an Italian style meal.
- Combine the plain flour and ¾ cup of water in a bowl and mix well into a thick batter till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Combine the rice, cheese, capsicum, chilli flakes, basil and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Dip each ball into the plain flour-water mixture and roll them in the bread crumbs till they are evenly covered from all the sides. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the balls, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with pizza sauce.
Risotto Balls with Pizza Sauce by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.