Quick Milk Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1338 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 157682 times
Milk cake, which traditionally takes hours to cook, is made quickly and easily using this recipe! Typically, milk cake is made by boiling milk for a long time till it becomes mava, which is then cooked with sugar and later allowed to set. In this version, we use readymade mava to prepare this delightful Quick Milk Cake in minutes. However, remember that it takes a few hours to set, so prepare it a day before you need to serve it. Also, it is better to set this mithai in a steel or aluminium bowl rather than a glass one, to make it easier to de-mould.
- Combine the mava and sugar in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the alum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 more minutes or till the mixture turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame and continue cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture becomes thick, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased steel or aluminium bowl of approx. . 125 mm. (5?) diameter and 100 mm. (4?) deep. Cover with a lid immediately and keep aside at room temperature for 8 hours or till it sets.
- Demould it from the bowl and cut into 10 equal slices.
- Garnish with pistachios and serve immediately or store refrigerated.
- This sweet stays fresh for 5 to 7 days at room temperature and for 10 to 12 days when refrigerated.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.