Profiteroles, French Pastry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 2758 times
Profiterole is a very unique French dessert. It is a crisp but light pastry ball with a sweet, creamy and moist filling. The outer crispness and inner creaminess is what makes each mouthful a delight to savour.
An ideal choice when you need a light dessert, this Profiterole just melts in your mouth leaving a creamy, chocolaty aftertaste. The drizzling of molten chocolate boosts the visual appeal and taste of the Profiterole making it absolutely irresistible.
You can prepare the pastry rolls in advance and store in an airtight container, where it will stay good for 3 or 4 days. When required, add the filling, drizzle the melted chocolate and serve immediately.
You can also try other popular French desserts like the Crème Brulée , Fresh Fruit Flambé and Crepes Belle Helene .
- Heat the fresh cream in a broad non-stick pan on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the chopped chocolate and mix well.
- Allow it to cool completely, add the beaten whipped cream and vanilla essence and fold gently. Refrigerate it till use.
- Put the choux pastry dough into the piping bag without the nozzle. Cut the tip using a scissor to get a large circle.
- Pipe out the mixture on the baking tray lined with butter paper to make 8 portions of approx. 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle at regular intervals.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 180°c (360°f) and bake it for more 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Cut each profiteroles horizontally into two parts.
- Pipe out the prepared chocolate - whipped cream mixture on the lower halve.
- Cover with the upper portion of the crust and drizzle melted chocolate evenly over it.
- Allow it to set at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per profiterole
|Vitamin A||324.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.